Novotny CPA Group is a West Michigan based CPA practice with an opportunity for an experienced Public Accountant with at least 5 years of experience. The firm offers a full range of assurance, tax, advisory and compliance services for a wide variety of businesses and their owners.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Interaction with clients and other service providers in person, on videoconference, by telephone and e-mail.
- Review of tax returns and accounting work papers for accuracy and completeness.
- Serve as the lead on client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable product.
- Develop staff’s technical and industry skills and encourage growth.
- Demonstrate initiative, vision, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking.
- Provide strategic financial and tax planning advice to clients.
- General knowledge of accounting, financial statements, internal controls and professional standards (GAAP, GAAS, etc.).
- Develops business by expanding relationships with clients and networking with other professionals.
- Education: BS/BA in accounting.
- Current CPA license required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public accounting.
- Demonstrated client management skills.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Proven competence with MS Office and tax compliance and research software.
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Appreciation for work/life balance.
- A flexible work environment with competitive wages and benefits.
- Professional development and growth.
- Local travel.
- Remote working opportunities.
- On premises fitness facility.
Novotny CPA Group is a growing firm in Norton Shores providing services in the areas of consulting, corporate audits, reviews, compilations, employee benefit plan audits, along with individual, corporate, trust, estate and gift tax return preparation. The firm is a member of the BDO Alliance of CPA firms which allows us to have immediate access to BDO, the 5th largest international CPA firm, and all of their resources and benefits. We are a small firm, that works big. We do not have any governmental, school or not-for-profit clients. We use a cloud-based system in a paperless environment. We have a year-round practice and work an average of 53 hours a week during tax season. We are looking for the right person that wants to grow with a firm that has advancement opportunities, a great work space, an inviting culture and advanced work technology.
To apply for this job email your details to Jamie@novotnycpagroup.com