Novotny CPA Group is a West Michigan based CPA practice with an opportunity for an individual with 1 to 4 years of experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking person interested in taking charge and developing relationships with our clients and referral sources.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Interaction with clients and other service providers in person, on videoconference, by telephone and e-mail.
- Research tax and accounting issues.
- Preparation of individual, partnership and corporate tax returns and accounting work papers with accuracy and completeness.
- Work on a team that serves accounting and audit clients, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable product.
- Demonstrate initiative, vision, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking.
- Develop business by expanding relationships with clients and networking with other professionals.
- Education: BS/BA in accounting; CPA or CPA candidate.
- 1 to 4 years of experience in public accounting.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with other team members.
- Have strong research and writing skills.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- General knowledge of accounting, financial statements, internal controls and professional standards (GAAP, GAAS, etc.).
- General knowledge of individual, partnership and corporate taxes.
- Appreciation for work/life balance.
- A flexible work environment with competitive wages and benefits.
- Professional development and growth.
- Local travel.
- Remote working opportunities.
- On premises fitness facility.
Novotny CPA Group is a growing firm in Norton Shores providing services in the areas of consulting, corporate audits, reviews, compilations, employee benefit plan audits, along with individual, corporate, trust, estate and gift tax return preparation. The firm is a member of the BDO Alliance of CPA firms which allows us to have immediate access to BDO, the 5th largest international CPA firm, and all of their resources and benefits. We are a small firm, that works big. We do not have any governmental, school or not-for-profit clients. We use a cloud-based system in a paperless environment. We have a year-round practice and work an average of 55 hours a week during tax season. We are looking for the right person that wants to grow with a firm that has advancement opportunities, a great work space, an inviting culture and advanced work technology.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org